If you have some questions marks in your mind about buying real estate in Turkey, FAQs page will help you to find it out your answers. If you do not find your answer, we will be glad to receive your questions from contact page
Can I get residence permit in Turkey (İkamet Tezkeresi) if I buy property?
- Depending on new law, every foreigner can receive residence permit for 1 year (every year renewed with Tapu) until you sell your property
Do I need to get a residence permit in order to buy a property in Turkey?
- No! You may buy property in Turkey without residence permit
How can I get Turkish citizenship?
- There are 2 ways to get Turkish citizenship
- Fast way is to buy property worth of One Million Dollar or higher
- Buy any value property and keep it for 5 years with renewing your residence permit. You may read detailed citizenship in Turkey page for more information
How do I buy property in Turkey?
- Call JazicoWorld Real Estate Consultants to arrange a viewing tour appointment
- Select the best choice on viewing tour
- Agree on the sales conditions
- Pay 3.000 USD down payments upon sales contract signature. Sales Contract contains the details of the payment terms, bank info, completion date, key delivery, title deed delivery and general terms & conditions
- Jazico real estate consultants will follow up your tapu delivery and all conditions of the sales contract
- If your circumstances require, you can leave us a Power of Attorney to conclude all the necessary paperwork
Are there any restrictions for foreigners when purchasing property in Turkey?
- Only in rural areas, farms and military zones might not be sold to foreigners in Turkey. All properties listed for sale on our website; there are no restrictions imposed
What kind of ownership document shall I have?
- The ownership document (title deed) is called as TAPU in Turkey
What is the title deed (Tapu) like?
- The Tapu is an official registry document in Turkey. It proves that you have ownership rights over the property; this ownership document is your registry at Land Registry and Cadaster Directorate
Can I establish an investment company on behalf of my company abroad?
- Yes, we already have experienced several times earlier, we have setup investment companies in Turkey owned by your private company abroad
Can my company abroad buy property in Turkey?
- Yes and No, there are restrictions to sell a property to foreign companies, if you invest a factory or industrial production, your foreign company may own, if you only want to buy and sell property, foreign companies are not allowed, governor Committee of the province will decide if a company might own a property or not
May everybody sell real estate in Turkey?
- Yes, unfortunately hotel receptionists, waiters, taxi drivers, jewelry dealers are the most well-known property sellers (!) at touristic regions of Turkey, please be aware of these tourist hunters, purchase property from professional agencies and established companies JazicoWorld Real Estate Consultants is a registered at Istanbul Chamber of Commerce
Why should I use a real estate agent?
Buying an apartment by JazicoWorld Real Estate Consultants has several advantages
- you view a wide range of properties that match your budget and quality expectation
- you notice the differences of different property developers, not only one Construction Company
- you experience the benefit of our professionalism, secure buying process and great after sales services
Is there a negotiation custom on purchasing a property?
- Yes and No, negotiation depends on the sellers habits, because every property has different owners, some negotiate and some not, n Istanbul, most of the mega project owners does not negotiate on price, They use mostly campaigns to pump up their sales, so better to catch these campaigns and sing up our newsletter
Who can buy property in Turkey?
- Every country citizens may buy property in Turkey except the countries which Turkey does not recognize diplomatically (like Armenia, North Korea and Syria)
- OUTDATED ANSWER (WAS VALID BEFORE 21.May.2012), Turkey has a reciprocal agreement for the purchase of land and property with many countries, this means that the people of these nations that allow Turks to buy land in their countries, can in return, buy land in Turkey, foreigners may purchase in their own name if the property is outside military zones. based on these agreements foreigners of the following countries are eligible
- Some countries do not allow Turkish citizens to purchase a property in their land, that is why the citizens of these countries are not allowed to buy in Turkey, there are some exceptions to this rule such as Russia, citizens of Russia can buy with special permission of the Ministry of Internal Affairs (Icisleri Bakanligi)
Can foreigners loan money in Turkey?
- Yes, there are 2 ways, bank loan or long term payment plan from construction companies where you can buy a home with credit without the preparation of the documents
If I buy an apartment under construction, how much deposit is required? Can I pay in installments?
- You pay approximately 3,000 Euro reservation fee upon contract signature, generally 30% as a deposit within four weeks is required. Most developers offer payments on stages like the completion ratio of each building stage, circumstances may vary from one developer to other developer, for certain answer, you need to ask to our sellers payment plan table of each offer
I will buy a property soon, before I what documents do I need to bring from my country?
- We need only your passport, all needed documents are prepared afterwards depending on your passport upon purchasing
I want to open a bank account in Turkey, how can I open a bank account?
- You need a tax number and address evidence, when you plan to come Turkey, bring an address evidence where your address and name written on the bill., according to the bank legislation, your address must be proven by an electric, water or internet bill which shows your address and name
Are there English speaking lawyers in Turkey?
- Yes, there are independent English speaking lawyers in Istanbul, we can introduce them to you during your viewing trip if you request
How much money do I need to spend except the property price?
- There are several costs upon buying property, check the purchase expenses page
What should I expect to pay in maintenance fees?
- Maintenance fee varies from complex to another complex, upon purchasing a house, please ask the expected maintenance fee
How much tax shall I pay?
- You pay "annual property tax" to the municipality; environmental tax and wealth tax are added in the water bills generally
How can I insure my property?
- Ask JazicoWorld Real Estate Consultants staff to help you insure your property for full risks
Shall JazicoWorld Real Estate Consultants help me renting out my property?
- We help our customers to rent their property under secure conditions for long term
How can I furnish my home?
- Many developers offer furnishing packs, JazicoWorld Real Estate Consultants staff may help you buying furniture in modest shops too
Which services does JazicoWorld Real Estate Consultants offer?
- You may visit our before and after sales services overview page